“There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
- Nelson Mandela
Have you ever wanted to go to the next level in life or business but stopped in your tracks because you felt like a fraud?
Imposter Syndrome is a common phenomenon that happens to many people so you're not alone. It makes us play small, robs us of opportunities, our potential and the succes we desire.
But the good news is there are simple things we can do to move past this debilitating feeling. Tune in to today's episode as I share seven simple tips to deal with this self-sabotaging and limiting belief.
I also share some related takeaways from my nomination of the Digital Female Leader Awards in Germany and how you can avoid the mistake I made that triggered my feeling-like-a-fraud symptoms.
Takeaways mentioned on today's episode
1. You're not alone - Realise it's a common thing. It's Ok to acknowledge how you feel.
2. Thief of joy - Comparing ourselves with others is never a good idea. Yet we keep doing it.
3. Pep talk anyone? - Talk to people who see the good in you that you may not be seeing in yourself.
4. You're a hotshot - Yeah, internalize your gifts, skills, talents and past success but don't stop there.
5. Asking is strength - Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. It takes strength. Ask away. Ask often.
6. Tribes and vibes - The whole "your vibe attracts your tribe" thing works both ways; your tribe will also affect your vibe.
7. Success is by design - Leveling up is not by default. Sometimes you win and sometimes you learn. Or buy pink shoes!
As always, I love hearing your thoughts. Let's continue the conversation below.
SHARE THIS EPISODE