QUICK SHOW NOTES
“Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.”
― Yasmin Mogahed
It was a grey fall afternoon six years ago in Germany, when I felt the fear, but did it anyway.
Nervous tummy in knots, scared but excited I hit "publish" on episode #0 and launched my first podcast on September 30, 2014.
Back then it was called Live By Design Radio and it was born out of a need to serve my newsletter readers in an additional or alternative format besides the long text emails I wrote back then. Today is International Podcast Day, and in the meantime I started a 2nd show - Digital Content Podcast.
And although I no longer publish this show regularly (we call it podfading in the podcasters world), I recorded this episode to celebrate the anniversary and share helpful pointers in light of the current global crisis.
As a personal development coach and wellbeing advocate, I believe with the right tools and support we can pro-actively grow through these turbulent times instead of passively going through them. Tenacity and the ability to not give up are crucial during times of crisis and change.
Tune in and discover 6 ways to self-coach yourself and develop your resilience skills as we continue to navigate uncertain waters.
Takeaways mentioned on today's episode
1. Self Awareness - Taking an honest look at one's personal and professional life without
attachment to anything being right or wrong. Not Self-judgement.
2. Self Compassion - Showing understanding and kindness to one's self when hurting, feeling inadequate, or like a failure. Opposite of self-criticism.
3. Self Development - Taking steps to better one's self. Learning new skills, overcoming bad habits, developing healthy routines. Not discrediting who you currently are.
4. Self Motivation - Having a healthy internal drive that helps you grow and keep moving when the
temptation to quite comes. Your personal WHY is key to your tenacity.
5. Self Care - Being deliberate about activities that nurture your mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual
well-being. Taking care of one's self is not selfishness.
6. Self Validation - Cultivating the ability to recognize, confirm, or establish one's own worthiness, strengths, successes, progress, and efforts in a healthy way. Not arrogance or narcissism.
As always, I love hearing your thoughts. Share in the comment section at the bottom.
Recommended resources mentioned on this episode. Click the link to access.
SHARE THIS EPISODE